2.7. Layer settings¶
Layers settings become available after a layer creation.
To edit a layer you need to navigate to a child resource group (see item 4 in Pic. 2.2.), where would be displayed resource types. Then select from child resources a resource with type vector layer and press the “Pencil” icon opposite the resource or select the layer and then select an action called “Update” in actions pane (see Pic. 2.12.). The window “Update resource” will open, where you can edit the layer.
2.7.2. Edit attribute values¶
NextGIS Web software allows to edit attributes for geographical features. Editing could be launched from administrator interface or from a map display.
Editing of attributes from administrator interface:
- Click the “Table” icon opposite the resource or select an action for a vector layer called “Feature table” in actions pane (see Pic. 2.7.).
- A feature table for the layer will open. Click a radio
button at the left side of a row you want to edit. - Click “Edit” button (see Pic. 2.67.).
- Editing of attributes from a map display:
- Open a web-map.
- Click on a map with identify tool active.
- Click edit button in identify window (the last tab, see Pic. 2.68.).
You can change attribute values in opened window. Description made on “Description” tab will be visible on a map display in indentify window.
In the editing of attributes window there are the next tabs:
- “Attributes” tab (see Pic. 2.69.).
- “Description” tab (see Pic. 2.70.).
- “Attachments” tab (see Pic. 2.71.).
When editing a PostGIS layer attribute changes are saved to PostGIS database and descriptions are saved to a local database. When editing a layer based on a Shapefile attribute changes are saved to a local database.
Geodata with changed attributes could be downloaded by link Download as GeoJSON or published as WFS service. Download of descriptions is currently unavailable.
2.7.3. Adding photos to geodata¶
NextGIS Web software support adding photos to feature records. If a feature has attached photos they will be shown with a description and attributes in identify window (see Pic. 2.72.).
You can add photos in a map display. To do it:
- Click on a feature on a map with active Identify tool.
- Click edit button in Identify window (see Pic. 2.68.).
- In the edit tab navigate to “Attachments” tab (see Pic. 2.71.).
- Upload photos. JPEG and PNG formats are supported. GIF format is not supported (see. Pic. 2.73.).
- Enter Description and click “Save”.
After upload of photos you can see previews of photos on “Attachments” tab if identify window (see Pic. 2.72.).
By default photos could be added by any user but there is an option to limit number of users who can upload photos (see Setting permissions).
To delete a photo select it on “Attachments” tab of editting attributes window and click “Delete”, and then click “Save” button.