1.8. How to create web map¶
1.8.1. Create Web map¶
Your Web GIS already has one ready-to-use Web map. You can use it for geodata visualization or create an unlimited number of new Web maps. By default there’s one basemap added to this Web map - OpenStreetMap Standard. As soon as you add any other additional basemap to the Web map, OpenStreetMap Standard will switch off.
- Open Resource group where you want to create Web map (by default from the main page of Web GIS you can access Main resource group);
- Select admin console; on the right side of Web GIS
- In the opened dialog fill in the field Display name in Resource tab;
- Set Web map extent in Extent and bookmarks tab (optional);
- Go to Layers tab and using Add layer dialog window select those resources (Basemaps, Styles or WMS layers) which you want to display on your Web map;
- Select layers one-by-one using a layer tree and set their properties in the right section of the dialog window. For WMS layers it is recommended to select Image as an adapter. If you select Tiles adapter, you will quickly use up all available connections and other layers on the map will not be shown until these connections are free again.
- Press Create button. If Web map is created successfully you’ll see its name in Child resources pane of the relevant Resource group.
You can set the content of geodata attributes displayed on Web map in Vector layers and PostGIS layers settings. Read more about this option here.
When data is uploaded to Web GIS with desktop app NextGIS QGIS Web map can be created automatically.
Read more about Web map creation here.
1.8.2. Open Web map¶
- Go to the Properties window of Web map from the relevant Resource group;
- Select admin console. Web map will open in a web client which allows to view and edit geodata. on the right side of Web GIS
Read more about Web map web client here.
We do not recommend turning on more than 1 WMS layer on Free plan and 3 WMS layers on Mini/Premium plan. Otherwise slow connections with external WMS servers might use up all available similtaneous connections which will considerable slow down (or even stop) work of all your Web maps and admin console.