1.12. How to add descriptions and metadata for resources¶
For any resource in Web GIS you can add Description and Metadata. It can be necessary, for instance, in order to publish a dataset under a certain license.
To add Description and/or Metadata after resource is created:
- Open the Properties page of a resource;
- Select admin console; on the right side of Web GIS
- If you want to add Description: In the opened dialog window go to Description tab and fill it;
- If you want to add Metadata: In the opened dialog window go to Metadata tab, add required metadata fields with Add button and fill in their Keys and Values;
- Press Save button. If Description and Metadata are added successfully you’ll see them on the Properties page of a resource.
The following metadata field types are supported: Text, Integer, Float.