3.1.1. About NextGIS Mobile¶
NextGIS Mobile is a mobile GIS for Android OS.
NextGIS Mobile allows to:
- create and display a multi-layered map;
- perform map navigation (panning, zooming in and out);
- add vector data in GeoJSON format;
- add raster data as a tile cache;
- add online tile sources (XYZ and TMS);
- add raster and vector layers from nextgis.com and NextGIS Web;
- create and modify vector geodata (geometries and attributes);
- browse the attributes of selected geometry through identify dialog;
- modify vector layer attributes with customizable input forms;
- share vector geodata using standard Android tools;
- record the tracks and manage their display parameters, remove selected or all tracks;
- display device coordinates, velocity, altitude on the map, as well as a source of geographical coordinates and amount of satellites used for georeferencing (when GPS is in use);
- collect geodata and transmit it to nextgis.com or NextGIS Web in background mode (when internet connection is on).
NextGIS Mobile is open source (license GPL v3).
Some icons used in NextGIS Mobile are from:
This documentation describes NextGIS Mobile 2.5.
3.1.2. Hardware and software requirements¶
To launch NextGIS Mobile you need a device (smartphone, tablet, etc.) with Android 2.3 or higher.
To be able to use all NextGIS Mobile features the device should have the following hardware:
If any of these items are missing from the device, the related functions will not be available.
NextGIS Mobile does not impose specific system requirements. However, the amount of system memory and storage space can limit the size of uploaded geodata.